CLOSED: User Experience Design Lead Wanted
Sherpa is a well funded fintech startup that is building advanced AI and bot technologies as well as new customer engagement platforms to heavily disrupt the insurance industry in the U.K. A think-big working environment, with an “ask for apology not approval” approach to the team, Sherpa looks to embody the startup culture of building brilliant things.
Why insurance? In the fintech world, insurtech is the hottest subject at the moment. An industry that has been slow to evolve, Sherpa is one of the leading startups with the potential to break the mould.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for rock star talent. We are building a team of people that like to hack problems, work fast, and get passionate about what they are building. If you want to be part of a company that is looking to change how we all feel about insurance, then come on board!
- A portfolio that demonstrates your exceptional design skills, production values and attention to detail.
- Passion for creating a product that truly helps people.
- Collaborative, learning mindset, constantly seeking improvement. Eager to grow and share knowledge.
- Action-oriented, thrive in an environment that requires strong problem-solving skills, independent self-direction, and timely execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5 years experience designing customer-centric web and mobile experiences.
- A degree in design, human factors, user experience or related field.
- Bonus points for experience with data visualisation and/or complex task flows and experience working in agile teams.
What you’ll do
- Use customer insights and data, plus your extraordinary creativity and design expertise, to solve users’ problems with elegant, highly functional designs.
- Define, communicate, and drive interaction designs for Sherpa mobile and web apps.
- Constantly maintain your expertise in the latest design approaches and techniques, and apply them appropriately to Sherpa products.
- Create storyboards, mock-ups, wireframes, interaction specs, and high-fidelity design specs as needed.
- Participate in (and sometimes drive) user research planning and execution
- Collaborate and share your expertise with other designers, product managers, software engineers, and Sherpa management.
- Together with the product manager, advocate for the user and user-centered design.
Send your CV and any portfolio materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.