Senior Software Engineer
Needed, expert problem solver with programming skills for our staggeringly awesome insurance (don’t judge a book by its cover) startup.
Will provide salary, benefits, opportunity to cook for the team on a rotating basis, Friday beers, an awesome startup-styled, Naxxar based office and unlimited caffeine (reasonable use policy applies).
Yes, Things are exciting too. We have raised our seed round and are backed by international advisors from all over the world. We have a vision to put insurance back on the consumer’s side and are serious about making a real difference.
Sherpa is disrupting consumer insurance. We are nine passionate individuals who believe there is a better way to determine how much insurance you need and find it in a fair, modern way. We have big plans and a lot to build! We work in Naxxar, come visit!
How you can help:
- Bring tech expertise and vision to our projects
- Write thoughtful code, mostly PHP and some Python
- Translate the goals of our interdisciplinary team into technical tasks
- Get stuff done, with good prioritisation. time management and communication
- Seed good development style in the Sherpa engineering team
- Over 4 years of professional web development experience
- Demonstrated expertise in our core languages: Python and / or PHP
- Knowledge in data structures, either relational or noSQL
- Passion for innovation and an execution focus
- Self-directed and driven performer
- Tenacity, resourcefulness
- Rapid and inventive problem solving skills
- Learning ability, at speed
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and provide supervision to others.
- Collaborative approach with other dev team members
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in a technical discipline
- Experience building complex, high-traffic web applications
- Startup-savvy and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience working in insurance or financial services
- An eye for design
- Some previous experience in any of the following areas:
- computational linguistics
- front-end development, especially AngularJS
- mobile development, including iOS, Android or responsive design
- operations, including cloud platforms, dev-ops or data engineering
- data science, including machine learning, statistics or data visualization
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org